A series of four cocktails will be available for taste-testing and voting at Dish next Wednesday, May 16. I will be one of four hosts, each of us “guest bartending,” representing one of the cocktails off the new drink menu. I’ll be showcasing the delightful Jasmin Garden with cucumber, rosemary, berry jam, fresh lemon, St. George Terroir gin, Fruitlab organic jasmine liqueur, and a spritz of Pernod Absinthe served on the rocks with a jasmine flower and lemon wedge. Like a sophisticated garden party in a glass.
Here’s what you need to put on your calendar:
1. Go to DISH next Wednesday, May 16, from 6 pm to 8 pm.
2. Get a token at the door, try the Jasmine Garden, drop your token off at the ShopTalk station to vote for it as your favorite.
3. Enjoy light bites by Chef Garreth Dickey and live music.
You might head to your waxer, plop your unshaven legs on the table unapologetically, and get back to your iPhone emailing without giving a second thought as to what she thinks of you. You are probably the one. Most of us spend the session worrying 99 percent of the time that we’re too hairy, too weird, too inconsiderate of the poor woman to has to deal with our exposed bodies. (During the other 1 percent, we’re mentally yelling ‘ouch’.) One reader wrote asking if I’d climb in the mind of a waxer for a bit, so while I had Lisa Lazarra, expert hair remover, lead aesthetician, and director of training at The Pretty Kitty waxing salon on the line, I asked for a few more questions pitched in by other friends and readers.
Lisa Lazarra: First, stop worrying. The number one thing we hear from customers at The Pretty Kitty is, “Wow, that’s it?” Second, avoid caffeine before your waxing appointment. I love those vanilla iced lattes like the next girl, but caffeine increases sensitivity at the follicle level.
Should I apologize that I haven’t shaved my legs?
We are in the hair removal business, so I assure you, your legs will not frighten us! If at the appropriate hair length, it may be a great opportunity for a leg wax.