Remember when StyleSheet paid a visit to Blinc to spend some quality time with stylist Ali Burks, Blinc’s general manager and buyer? It was then, among the translucent, sorbet-hued hangers and her studded booties, that I knew we had to have her in to spill her purse. I suspected the contents would be as cool as she is, and, as you can see, they are. We laid it all out on her blue snake scarf by her all-time favorite scarf line, We Are Owls. (Carried at Blinc unsurprisingly.) Take a look.
1. Prada makeup bag.
2. Earbuds. “These are the best ever. They’re guaranteed not to fall out. I have two pairs.”
3. Apple charger.
4. Thinning the Herd book by Cynthia Ceilan. “It’s kind of a morbid sense of humor.”
5. Tickets to Rain.
6. Nature Valley Granola Thins. “I love chocolate, and this is my way of making it a little bit healthier.”
7. Kilian “Love” perfume. “It’s easy to keep in your purse.”
8. Splenda packet as a reminder of boyfriend’s grandfather’s mantra: Be sweet and don’t talk ugly.
10. Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas name tag for volunteer work. (“To honor the memory of my brother, 2nd Lt. Peter Burks, KIA 11/04/2007.”)
11. Business card case. Reads: I like my money where I can see it, hanging in my closet.
12. Hollywood Fashion Tape.
13. Kevin Murphy Sticky Business hair texturizing paste. “For my wavy, curly hair. Or, if I want to do it straight, it works for that, too. It’s nice to have a product that does everything.”
14. Mikal Winn earrings (top) and bangles (below). Gold nail bracelet from Scoop NYC. “I love to mix the metals.”
15. Tylie Malibu wallet. “It’s so easy and everything fits.”
16. (from left) Essie in “Lollipop” (“It’s my favorite red”), Bliss Lemon-Sage Body Butter, Burt’s Bees Honey Lip Balm, Kiehl’s Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, and MAC lipstick in “Girl About Town” (“One swipe instantly makes me feel so chic.”)
Earth Day month may be over, but you can still get your hands on the limited edition, celeb-designed jars of Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque. The beauty brand has put out Earth Day editions of a favorite product every year for the last four years, and this year’s partners included Florence Welch, Mark Ruffalo, Rosario Dawson, and Spike Lee. For each jar in the label series, Kiehl’s sends 100 percent of its proceeds to Recycle Across America. The Rare Earth masque aims to purify, detoxify, and minimize the appearance of enlarged pores. Amazonian White Clay is said to draw out oil, dirt, and toxins, and oatmeal and aloe vera are soothing, hydrating, and protective of sensitive skin. We’ve got a jar with Rosario Dawson’s label to give away. Enter here to win. Even more exciting, Kiehl’s is opening up shop in NorthPark this month.