Remember I told you all about Beehive in February?
Jump for pics.
We’re rolling out another round of Dallas style setters and the current stuff they love. Check ShopTalk every day this week for a fresh face and new favorite things. First up, Chas Martin, former maître d’hôtel of Dragonfly at ZaZa, now onto his own venture, Chas Martin Companies.
Hadleigh’s spring slippers. “They go with white jeans, blue jeans, shorts, slacks, suits, tuxedos, swim shorts. They’re awesome.”
Favorite Dallas Shopping Spots:
1. Hadleigh’s. “They’re the best. They merge classic and modern perfectly.”
2. Forty Five Ten. “They have brands no one else carries, and they kill it at high and edgy.”
3. Stanley Korshak. “They’ve been able to grow, but stay true to their designers’ visions and styles. They’ve gotten big, but stayed small.”
Favorite Spring Trend:
Double-breasted blue blazers. “So regal!!!!!!!”
Fashion lovers know Hanh Merriman as the incredibly stylish blogger from Life in Travel. Loyal readers flock to her site daily, anxious to survey her latest attire. It isn’t hard to see why. Recent ensembles have included a Margiela body suit with an Isabel Marant ruffle vest, the new Prada flame and taillight shoes, and a locally designed Nha Khanh lace top and Sue Gragg earrings. She’s a risk taker, often standing out at events for avant garde accessories and bold combinations. We were dying to know what she carries in her designer bag. Take a look.
1. Croc envelope. “It was a gift from my mom-in-law. I carry it to keep my kids’ pictures.”
2. Nina Ricci sunglasses. “They’re my favorite right now.”
3. Sue Gragg ostrich wallet. “It’s small and practical.”
4. Jonathan Adler sunglass case. “I bought this a long time ago from New York.”
5. Hanh’s daughters. (Her oldest, top, is now 10 and the youngest, bottom, is now 8.)
6. Hawaii shark tooth “best friends club” necklaces with daughters.
7. Good luck Chinese red envelope. “An older person gives it to a younger person for good luck. My father gave this one to me.”
8. Bracelet and necklace. “My mom gave these to me–she’s in Vietnam. I bring them out for instant jewelry.”
9. Lancome Juicy Tubes lip gloss in “Magic Spell.” “This actually belongs to my kids.”
10. Lanvin iPhone case. “My daughters have the matching iPad cases from Forty Five Ten.”
11. Yves Saint Laurent Pure Lipstick in “Tropical Pink” (“For day, I wear it very light; at night, I wear it much more intense”) and Surefoot Natural Lip Ice” (“I bought it on a ski trip. Some people really care about the brand of their Chapstick, but I don’t.”
12. Almonds and Starbucks Strawberry Mango Twists. “I go to Starbucks just for these. I don’t drink coffee much. My kids love them too.”