In an effort to promote their new perfume, Signorina, Salvatore Ferragamo rounded up a handful of international “it” girls to be part of their “The Girls About Town” campaign. The bevy of ladies include Bianca Balti, Rachel Chandler Guinness, and other “inﬂuencers with a polished ﬁnger on the pulse of what is cool in her city.” The four newest ladies from LA, New York, and Paris, include Dallas’ own Nile Nussbaumer, publicist for Ceylon et Cie (and daughter of the owner). Check out her online inspiration diary on The Girls About Town Tumblr page. You can also apply to be part of the pack.
Lure Salon is throwing a little fete with Good Morning Texas‘ Amy Vanderoef in celebration of the a new haircare collection the ec0-friendly beauty parlor will carry. Meet Intelligent Nutrients, a natural beauty line that aims to take some chemical exposure out of your daily routine by using food-grade ingredients, plant stem cells, aromatherapy, and no pesticides, pthalates, or other toxic additions. Bottles of goodness are packed with ingredients with purpose: seeds for nutrients, a patented oil blend for its antioxidant properties, flower extracts for their hydrating properties, and more. Head in this Wednesday, April 11, from 6 pm to 8 pm for wine, light bites, music, and giveaways. Anyone can attend, but it’ll help if you give them a heads up and email firstname.lastname@example.org as a quick RSVP. A part of the evening’s proceeds (perhaps you’ll stock up on shampoo or schedule a cut and color?) will go to Earth Day Dallas.
I can break my beauty product addiction down into a much more specific breed: nail polish addiction. Limited edition collections of polish let you feel festive with each season and allow you to try out trends. (Subtly.) Brightly colored denim makes you feel like Peter Pan, you say? Try the hue on your fingertips instead. Finding spring Prabal Gurung prints a bit dizzying from head to toe? Try them out on your nails.
Now check out my absolute favorite of the spring polish collections from Essie, Estee Lauder, NARS, Le Metier de Beaute, Tom Ford, and Chanel.
1. MAC “Pinkly Fresh,” a creamy pink with a hint of blue, $16 (NorthPark’s MAC Pro Shop, Dillards, Nordstrom, and Macy’s)
2. Estée Lauder “Molten Lava,” a dark mauve with gold and copper shimmer, $19 (Neiman Marcus, Dillards, Macy’s, and Nordstrom)
3. Essie “Orange, It’s Obvious,” a dark neon orange, $8 (CVS, Target, and Walgreen’s)
4. Tom Ford “Silver Smoke,” a metallic silver with pearl shimmer, $30 (Neiman Marcus)
5. Chanel “Distraction,” a coral with micro pink shimmer, $26 (Chanel Boutique, Stanley Korshak, or Neiman Marcus NorthPark)
6. NARS “Diamond Life,” a metallic lilac with silver shimmer, $18 (Sephora and Neiman Marcus)
7. Le Métier de Beauté “Yield to Yellow,” a slightly sheer, bright mustard yellow, $18 (Neiman Marcus)
8. Essie “Navigate Her,” a sweet spring pastel green, $8 (CVS, Target, and Walgreen’s)
Jump for a close-up of each swatch.