Dallas designer Abi Ferrin is a gift to the city. Despite her success, prolific seasonal collections, philanthropic work, and traveling, she’s incredibly accessible. She appears at events, galas, and fashion shows around town, she’s a cheerleader for the South Side on Lamar community (see her favorite cocktail below), and she has managed keep her South Side studio open to shoppers, who can snag an appointment with Ferrin when her schedule permits. Then there’s the clothing, of course: colorful, boldly patterned, draped and ruched for ladylike curves, and full of movement for girls on the go from errand running to cocktail parties. We took a look in the Dallas designer’s handbag a year ago, but we thought it was time to touch base on a few of her current favorite things.
(1) Cocktail: “The SouthSide at Cedar Socials–I ask for the ginger version. It’s a bespoke cocktail, a light refreshing alternative to a mojito, but very similar with the muddled mint leaves.”
(2) Shoe: “On my ever-growing wish list: Lucy Choí London’s Wysteria orange and blue heel.”
(3) Lip color: “Dior Addict Gloss.”
(4) Workout: “I love yoga! Tsada Yoga at South Side on Lamar conveniently is my favorite.”
(5) Spring thing: “Black and white. Full, monochromatic looks that have varying layers and unexpected details, but all within the context of those colors–or the two colors combined in a look.”