Our week of Dallas style makers and their favorite things continues with Lisa Petty, DFW Style Daily founder and editor. When you’re at a stylish soiree and you see Petty, you might mistake her for a model: tall, slender, flawless skin, sauntering around the room on stilettos with a cocktail in hand. But while the rest of the room is having one too many, Petty’s likely doing research for the next day’s content for her online Dallas fashion magazine, where she and a stable of contributors cover everything from local designers to fashion shows. Lucky for us, she was able to take a quick break from her journalistic duties and fill us in on a few of her current favorite things.
(1) Cocktail: “I recently hosted a few friends for a 60s themed evening. We served this pretty retro punch while watching Valley of the Dolls.”
(2) Shoe: “Our newest columnist has me obsessing over Stella McCartney shoes… The Valerie is my current pick.”
(3) Lip color: “Love the collectible Lasting Finish by Kate Moss collection from Rimmel London. My favorite shade for spring is #12 (coral).”
(4) Workout: “I am not a workout fan. Period. I prefer more relaxing forms of activity to balance my Type-A personality. Currently, I’m enjoying creating mini-universes via terrarium gardening.”
(5) Spring thing: “I love the idea of mixing prints. We’ve seen this trend gain momentum for a year or more, to the point that right now, anything goes. I’m ready to mix up some fun for spring!”