Her name’s Joanna Czech, and now, lucky for us, she lives in Dallas and works at Neiman Marcus downtown. You may have already heard the chic beauty genius is operating in Big D, but have you booked yet? Here’s why you need to pick up the phone:
1. Her current clientele includes Cate Blanchette, Uma Thurman, Christy Turlington, Kate Winslet, and more. (She was Kim Cattrall’s personal skin and wax girl during Sex & the City movie filming.)
2. Treatments are customized. Rather than booking a one-size-fits-all service from the menu, she’ll analyze your skin and recommend a facial that is the perfect fit for you.
3. She knows what she’s doing. (She studied biology and pre-medicine in Poland.) If you’re interested in what’s happening to your face, she’ll walk you through each step of the process, explaining why she’s applying this cream and how that machine works.
4. Her playlist is interesting. It’s nice to have a break from The Nature Store soundtrack. (Not that I don’t like simulated rain sticks.)
5. You can make it a one-stop shop. On top of facials, she’s a real eyebrow guru (I’ve turned my brows over to her), waxing expert, and, if you make it a full day with her, you can snag her for a mani/pedi, too.
Thanks, Anna Wintour, for recommending Joanna to Ken Downing so our faces could have a turn under her skilled hands. This skin savvy will cost you (facials begin at $250), but it’s worth every penny. Call Neiman Marcus’ Michael Flores Salon with Cerón to book.