Ashley Burghardt, former 10 Most Beautiful Women in Dallas winner, handbag designer, and now fashion designer has a lot of her plate these days between her burgeoning business and design work. It’s always a pleasure spending a few minutes with the delightful Ashard Richley founder and I enjoyed getting to chat (and a laugh a little) over the contents of her latest bag(s).
1. Lipsticks from NYX, L’Oreal, Revlon, Maybelline, and MAC. “It’s a new obsession of mine. I like to add a pop of color with my shoes, my bag, and my lips. And I’m cheap. CVS all the way.”
2. Vitamin case. “I take, like, eight different vitamins a day.”
3. Camera. “It’s a must-have all the time for funny things at the office, inspiration, and whenever someone might be carrying a bag.”
4. Ashard Richley “Envelope” clutch. (Doubles as an iPad case.)
5. Zinc lozenges. “I’ve been fighting getting sick because I’m always running around like crazy.”
6. Earbuds. “I haven’t purchased a handsfree set yet, so I stuff my phone in my shirt and that’s my ghetto hands free.”
7. Pantone color system. “I use this to match colors for my bags.”
8. Business card holder.
9. Thread. (We left the needles and giant scissors out of the photo.)
10. Kale Naturals face lotion. “I stole this from my husband Richard.”
11. Burt’s Bees lip balm tin. “My lips get so dried out.”
12. Hairbands, Q-Tips (“for fixing makeup”), bobby pins (“to go from day to night”), and Band-Aids (“for shoes and also when I’m sewing samples–I do poke myself quite a bit”).
13. iPhone. “My baby. I can’t live without it.”
14. Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat nail polish.
15. Gloss collection: MAC clear Lipglass, MAC gloss in “C-Thru,” and Lip Shine in “Essence”
Update: Forgot to mention that Ashley is a pretty competitive Draw Something player. Check out her “canoe” doodle after the jump.