You may know design guru Shay Geyer from Good Morning Texas as the show’s design expert, but you should know her for her design firm, IBB Design Fine Furnishings. A woman who transforms living spaces into masterpieces surely must have a beautiful spread of goodies in her bag, I thought. I was right. Take a look.
1. Louis Vuitton wallet and cosmetics case. “I got my first piece in high school–a backpack. I still use it.”
2. Guerlain eye cream.
3. Fiona Wright Rehydration Complex with Vitamin C.
4. Fabric swatches for IBB’s new upholstery collection. (I’m excited for the reversible pillow line in cashmeres.)
5. Thank you notes.
6. Hermès Eau des Merveilles body cream. “It’s like butter.”
7. Design magazines (including our own D Home). “I get them in the droves.”
8. Chanel cocktail table books. “I love cocktail table books. I have them in every size.”
9. Barbie. “Our house is exploding at the seams with Barbies.” (Check out the mirror encrusted with retro-style Barbies she made for her daughter after the jump.)
10. “My girls.”
11. Celebrity Waiter Luncheon benefiting Family Gateway save the date. “I’m co-chairing for the second time. It’s really fun, and it’s going to be even bigger this year.”
12. Calculator. “Turquoise is kind of my color.”
13. Beauty stash (from top): Chanel Rouge Double Intensite in Rose Topaz, Guerlain KissKiss Gloss in Flush Pink 872, Guerlain Two Brush Mascara, and Hermès Eau des Merveilles perfume.
Shay created this mirror (below) using the 50th anniversary swimsuit Barbie. Brilliant and fun.