Jennifer Sampson is the new president and CEO of United Way in Dallas. With a new job, a 4-year-old son, and a recent 9-day trip to Italy on her agenda, we were thrilled she could stop by and show us what this girl-on-the-go keeps in her bag. Take a look.
1. Kate Spade cosmetics bag with (from top) Quelques Fleurs perfume (“I’ve been wearing it since college; I stick with what I like”), travel hair spray (“I have out of control hair and it needs to stay in place”), Lollia hand cream, NARS lipstick in “Morocco,” and Starbucks sugar-free gum
2. United Way’s Healthy Zone Schools poster with Cooper Institute and Troy Aikman
3. Pal DJ Lucy Wrubel’s handmade tour guide book. “It’s the best guide to Italy ever. Priceless.”
4. Notebook. “My son made this for me in art class.”
5. iPhone and Blackberry. “The Blackberry’s easier for typing long messages, and the iPhone’s better for internet.”
6. Mask. “We bought this from a street vendor in Venice for our son.”
7. Keepsake menu from Harry’s Bar in Italy
9. Dr. Seuss books. “They’re small for a quick read in a restaurant or waiting at a doctor’s office.”
10. Picture. “When we got back home from Italy, our four-year-old son was at the airport holding this sign.”
11. “Boss Lady” gum, sheriff badge, new United Way business cards. “The gum and badge–for the ‘new sheriff in town’–were gifts for my new position.”
13. Cat ears. “For a quick costume.”
I love the southern hippie looks featured on StyleSheet’s House of Plates 1 post this morning. In particular, I have a style crush on that sweet thing in glasses and bangs, wearing the shirt dress, vest, and cowgirl boots. I especially love her long earrings, which has reminded me of the super cheap selection of long earrings over at Movida in Mockingbird Station. I found a handful of priced at $12 to $14 just last week. See photo above for a few pairs.